Ingredients for the Meringue
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 300 g of sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Creme and Topping
- 350 ml whipping cream
- ½ tbsp corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C. Cover two sheets with baking paper. Draw two circles of about 20 cm diameter on it.
- Beat the egg white for around 1-minute bevor gradually pouring in the sugar. Then beat until stiff. Finally, fold in the vanilla extract, sift the corn starch in and add the vinegar and continue mixing everything to a smooth mass.
- The egg white is ready when it sticks to the bowl and does not fall out when turning it over.
- Place half of the egg mixture with a spatula on the circle then place the other half on the other circle, which you have previously drawn on our baking paper.
- Place the meringue in the oven and reduce the heat of the preheated oven to 100 ° C (circulating air).
- Bake for around 100 minutes with closed oven or for about 2 hours, while the stem of a cooking spoon is in the oven door clamp (this will give you a really good result.
- At the edge, the meringue should be crispy, but still soft in the middle. After baking, allow the meringues to cool slowly in the open.
Preparation for the Cream
- Beat the cream with the hand mixer. After a while, add the corn starch and beat the mass until stiff. Place the cream into the fridge before the pavlova is ready.
- Finally arange the pavlova with the cream and the fruits.