- 125 g flour
- 50 g brown sugar
- 35 g cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 free-range eggs
- 450 g butternut pumpkin (baked with skin in the oven at 220 degrees until soft)
- 100 g dark chocolate 75-80%
- 150 g rapeseed oil
- chopped pumpkin seeds
Ingredients for chocolate topping
- 100g dark chocolate 75-80%
- 4 tbsp maple sirup
- 50 ml coconut oil
- 45 ml almond milk (any other milk is fine too)
- Heat butternut in oven until soft, peel the skin and mix everything in a mixer until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix eggs and rapeseed oil until bubbles appear.
- Over a water bath, heat the dark chocolate and add to the egg mixture.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180 degrees and add the pumpkin to the egg mixture.
- Mix all dry ingredients before adding it into the egg-pumpkin mixture.
- Mix well and pure into a 15 cm cake tin. Place tin into oven and wait for 45-55 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt all ingredients for the topping over a water bath and pure over the cooled out cake. Finally top with chopped pumpkin seeds.