Is there anything better than a Italian Tomato Risotto? This recipe makes me think of the great times I spent in Italy when I was a child. The delicious pasta, the pizza, frutti di mare plattes and of course the unforgettable risottos!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic glove (finely chopped)
- 300 g risotto rice
- 750 ml vegetable stock broth
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- 200 ml white wine
- 40 g grates parmesan
- cherry tomatoes
- honey to drizzle
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pan with olive oil, add the finely chopped onions and stir until glazed, then add the garlic.
- Meanwhile set the oven to 180 degrees, place the cherry tomatoes in a baking tray, drizzle with honey, salt and pepper and bake for 10-15 minutes until removing them from the oven. Set tomatoes aside.
- Add the risotto rice and stir for another 20 seconds.
- Deglaze with white wine and stir until the white wine has evaporated.
- Add the tomato tin.
- Continue to stir the rice, set to medium heat and constantly add a little vegetable broth when the liquid starts to evaporate. Do so until the risotto is “al dente”.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir in the grated parmesan, arrange on plattes and place the honey glazed cherry tomatoes on top.