The best thing about late summer are the ripe tomatoes. They come in different forms, colors and they all taste sweet-just like real tomatoes are supposed to taste! This amazing fruit can basically be processes into every meal. From salads to pasta sauces, chutneys, drinks. soups and obviously this delicious quiche. So if you are looking for a quick recipe, this quiche will blow your mind!
- Pastry dough
- Quiche tin (15 cm in diameter)
- 150 g bacon cubes
- 150 ml crème fraîche
- 4 eggs
- 150g tomatoes (cut into cubes)
- 100 g large tomatoes in different colors (slices)
- A handful basil leaves
- ½ onion (cut into cubes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 200°C (upper and lower heat).
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, onion cubes, bacon cubes and crème fraiche until smooth. Then add the tomato cubes and fold in. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pastry dough inside the quiche tin and remove any excess dough on the sides.
- Pour the egg mixture on to the pastry dough and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the 100 g tomatoes and wash the basil.
- When quiche is ready, place tomato slices on top, then the basil.