Recipe for 2 people
• 4 tablespoons of olive oil
• 4 parsnips (peeled & cut into sticks)
• 1 can of chickpeas (drained and washed)
• 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
• 1 garlic clove (minced)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• ½ tsp paprika powder
• ½ lime (juice)
• 1 Chioggia beet (peeled & diced)
• 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
• 1 tsp honey
• 1 large apple – type: Topaz (seeds removed & diced)
• 4 celery sticks (cut in 0,5 cm pieces)
• some mint (roughly chopped)
• 250 ml of natural yoghurt
• 2 mini cucumbers (sliced)
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and mix the sliced parsnips in a bowl with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and a little salt.
2. Spread the parsnips on a baking sheet with baking paper and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
3. Mix the chickpeas and sliced carrots with a tablespoon of olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, paprika powder and salt and also spread on a baking sheet with baking paper. The chickpeas can be slid below the parsnips baking tray and should roast for 10 minutes in the oven.
4. Meanwhile, boil a pot of apple cider vinegar, honey and Chioggia beets and leave to infuse for a couple of minutes. Then strain the water.
5. For the Apple-Celery salad: Mix the apple and celery pieces with the mint and yoghurt.
6. Once the chickpeas and parsnips are done, everything can be assembled in a bowl to serve.